80's action cartoon villains



this is my entry for the upcoming "80's pop!" group show at
brave new worlds comics. the show is being put on by
the autumn society of philadelphia.

man, i love the 80's...especially all of the amazin' cartoons of that
era that brainwashed the kids of my generation into buying boatloads
of plastic action figures. and judging by the looks of my home office
nowadays, that brainwashing doesn't deprogram with time.

show opening:
friday, june 5th, 2009

time:
6-9 pm

location:
brave new worlds comics
45 N 2nd st
philadelphia, pa 19106
(olde city, between market and arch)

4 Comments:

Blogger Tommy said...

Any chance there will be prints of this poster available at some time in the future? I, like you, worshiped at the altar of the after-school cartoon God. I would love to hang that poster in my office. Ever think of doing one for the heros? I know, not as interesting, but the deserve the star treatment as well. Anyway, thanks for the flashbacks!

May 18, 2009 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Chris Battle said...

Nice job on that Skeletor, man.

May 18, 2009 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Adam Frazier said...

This is just fantastic. I would love to see more He-Man art!

May 19, 2009 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger tom said...

hey tom,

thanks for the compliments! i just ordered a batch of giclees of this print last night. if you read this, drop me a line at tom@strongstuf.net for more info!

May 20, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment