mondo: lonesome ghosts



i've been anxiously anticipating showing this one off, so here it is: my poster for disney's classic "lonesome ghosts"!

as with all of the posters in this series, i tried to capture the mood of the short whilst applying my own design sensibilities. for me, the crux of this film is the aggressive haunting of the ghost hunters by the titular lonesome ghosts, who are so bored they actually place the call to ajax ghost exterminators themselves. i tried to emphasize their deluge of pranks by literally framing mickey, donald and goofy with the ghosts themselves.

side note: legend states that this disney short was an inspiration for ghostbusters, which if true, is pretty durn cool.

poster specs:
• 4-color screenprint on french speckletone madero beach 100# cover
• size: 18" x 24"
• limited edition of 390

online sale info:
• thu, feb 9
• time: random
• where: mondo

3 Comments:

Anonymous Joshua said...

I really hope I can pick one up!

February 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite Disney short of all time! I was hoping you would create a poster for it, and you did not disappoint! I love it even more than the Roger Rabbit one, and that was my favorite until this dropped! Kudos!!

-Brian

February 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger Chad Kerychuk said...

Grabbed your Aliens print a while back. Beautiful work. Just saw this one today and noticed I've missed out. Any chance of another print? It seems success with Mondo is like locating the Lost Ark of the Covenant. This is one of my all-time favorite cartoons and your art captures the 'spirit' perfectly.

February 11, 2012 at 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment